Heckled By ParrotsBlue Sky WritingFalconryRebecca K. O'Connor

Examining, Surviving and Loving life with Parrots

Back to Blog Home

A Parrot by Any Other Name

I’ve gotten superstitious about naming my animals over the years. However, all of my parrots were named 14 years ago, when I wasn’t quite so concerned about things like self-fulfilling prophesies.

Loki has spent years living up to her name.

You can read about the time I went to work and accidentally left her out of the cage in my book, A Parrot for Life. Who would a thunk a little bird could unleash so much destruction?

I learned long ago to come running when I hear the African grey say sternly…”LOkiiiiiii!”

My African grey, Ty actually has a much longer moniker:

Pscitticus erithicus tyranosaurus vox.

I thought he sounded like a dinosaur when he was six weeks old. To this day, he has a “terrible lizard” voice — at least if lizards are good at exaggerated mocking.

I haven’t had a day of respect since the day the grey learned to say, “boo!”

It’s been non-stop mockery from the parrot and Pavlovian response from me ever since. (I know, he’s not REALLY mocking me, but I sound like a dork when he does his Rebecca imitation, so close enough!)

Apparently, idiots are great parrot enrichment.  Just ask the rockstar with the Dino DNA.

So what’s the story behind your parrot’s name?

NOTE: JAN 29–  I’M LOVING THESE STORIES IN THE COMMENTS SO MUCH THAT I’M GIVING AWAY A COPY OF A PARROT FOR LIFE  TO MY FAVORITE ON FEBRUARY 6th 2009 — KEEP ‘EM COMING!

38 Comments

1. My Pionus was unable to come into her own personality until I got her out of the pet store and “roomed” with her. After much deliberation, I gave her the moniker Kage, which is Japanese for “shadow,” as she follows me around like my little shadow.

My previous Severe Maccaw was named Echo, for obvious reasons, heh.

2. Pat says:

Emmett and Emma (Pacific p’lets) were named that because they’re so darned cute. Bella (CAG) was originally Mirabella because she’s so beautiful – little did I know that she’d grow up to be such a smarta**. Zippy (Caique) was named that because he is … um zippy. I call him Do-Dah because it suits him better..
    Mojito, the Double Yellowhead Zon is called that because he was 8 months old without a name and I was drinking several of these one night so Mojito he became. It suits him because I had be calling him Mo since he was a bitty baby. Buttercup the lutino budgie came with her name as did Pearl, the white faced ‘tiel. Both of these were cast offs when someone got tired of the mess of keeping a bird.

Glad that you explained Ty’s name. I was thinking maybe short for Tyrone. Which is what I was going to name Bella, if she had been a boy. Lovely AA name. 🙂

3. dr.hypercube says:

“For example… naming your Senegal parrot after the Norse god of mischief, LOKI, may not be the best move…”

I was wondering about that *grin*. I’m a little superstitious about animal names myself. If you name them something that tempts fate, they’ll fulfill the prophecy; if you name them hoping they’ll take after their names (naming a falcon Skyout for example), they’ll make you pay, too. I’d expect a falcon named Skyout to spend more time on the ground than a Secretary Bird.

4. Jamie Powell says:

Lets see.
    Marnie kept her name from her last owner and was named after the Alfred Hitchcock movie.

Lucha my Amazon was originally called “Junior” but when he came to me I renamed him (I never understood calling pets Junior, but he’s the second one). Lucha means struggle or fight in Mexican Spanish. And that’s exactly what my wild caught bird has done his whole life.

Darwin the Greencheek Conure came with that name, and it really suits him. He uses tools to scratch his own head where he can’t reach.

Inyoni and Ndeke are both Peach Faced Lovebirds and their names mean “bird” in Zulu and Bembe respectively. After all, they are from Africa.

One of my rehab birds (a quaker) came to me with the name Junior. But I promptly renamed him Fester as he had not had a bath in years and his feathers made me think of uncle fester after sticking himself into the electric socket

5. rebecca says:

Doc H, I’m glad I’m not the only one with such superstitions. I’ve often thought that with falcons perhaps the best name is one that confuses the falconry gods…such as the bird I once watched fly named “Fluffy.”

Jamie, Pat and Chris — I’m loving this! I wish I asked people how their birds got their names more often. Great stories!

6. I named my first Grey, Parker after one of my favorite writers: Dorothy Parker. She went to lunch more than she wrote and I always thought going to lunch would be a great job! Because “Parker” worked as either a male or female name (he was a baby), it all worked out and Parker he became.
    I figured there would probably be enough birds named “Buddy”, “Lucky”, “Kiwi” and “Pedro” in the world. I don’t run across many birds named “Parker”. My other two Greys are rescues and came with pre-installed names: Pepper and Nyla. However, I asked Nyla what her name was the other day and she answered: “Bill”. So I have no idea what’s going on with that! But she made me laugh!

7. rebecca says:

BILL!! OMG — That brought tears to my eyes I laughed so hard. I wish I would have started this blog eons ago. I had no idea it would be worth so many grins and giggles.

8. The funny part about the “Bill” answer was that she was so matter-of-fact about it. It was just “What’s your Name?” “Bill.”
    Like, “Oh hello, my name is Bill…”
    Sometimes I explain what I’m doing just to make conversation: “I’m making beans for you guys.” and she’ll respond with “What?”
    “I said I’m making BEANS!”
    Nyla: “Okay.”
    She’s a riot and one of the nicest Greys I’ve ever run across. A seriously kind and gentle bird.
    I’ve found she can count to five and that’s been put on cue. Next is observational learning by watching Parker play basketball. I have high hopes for Nyla. She’s too much for T.V.

9. I just wanted to correct my link. At this point I’d screw up a cup of coffee…

10. Rosebay says:

Great post – enjoyed learning about your birds

11. dr.hypercube says:

You psittaciniacs are KILLING me. I’m looking over at my bulletin board w/ a hard copy of the Interpet Explorer page (here: http://alumni.media.mit.edu/~benres/parrot/Interpet1.pdf) tacked on it and thinking “Hawk Head? Grey? Hawk Head? Grey?”.

Do dog names count? My old shorthair was Daniel Boone. When a puppy arrived as understudy my son supplied the name. He’d been studying Lewis and Clark (4th grade) and knew I wanted to maintain the frontiersman thing. His suggestion – Sacagawea for her registered name, Janey (the nickname Clark gave her) as the call name. Bonus – that Liam knew when he put forth the name – “Charbonneau told expedition members that his wife’s name meant “Bird Woman”” – not bad for a bird dog!

12. Patty Bennett says:

Well, I had a budgie years ago that I named Pattertwig. Doesn’t that just *sound* like a bird’s name? I love to hear the tap tap “patter” sound of their little feet as they run across a hard surface like a table or wood floor. And of course “twig”…as in tree branches & birds like trees..etc. The name actually came from the Chronicles of Narnia…but there the name belonged to a large red squirrel who could talk. 🙂
    I have a Senegal named Caspian whose name also comes from the Chronicles of Narnia.
    I have a Golden-mantled Rosella named Prince…he looks so regal with his glorious red head and long tail that follows behind him like the train of a royal robe when he walks on the floor.
    My caique’s name is Kyrie..from “Kyrie Eleison” which is Greek for “Lord have mercy.” I got her when I was in the deepest clinical depression of my life and she was like a balm to my spirit.

13. Lauren says:

Hi Rebecca and Doc H –

I initially had very high-minded thoughts for naming my peregrine (“Rosalind” from the Tennyson poem, etc). I think you’re quite right about the perils of christening falcons.

I ended up going with “Elaine”. From Seinfeld. I wanted something to make me laugh during that longwing learning curve and those inevitable telemetry chases. I’m not sure if that has worked, but she does seem to have personality traits eerily in common with the Seinfeld character. During bouts of over-enthusiasm she continually puts herself in ridiculous situations without regard to consequences (involving Canada geese and some other formidable birds).

Odd, these things are. 🙂

14. Elizabeth says:

My husband was none too interested in a parrot in the house, but I was beside myself with excitement. I suggested he name the bird, thinking that might help him be interested. He had no idea, so I said a favorite name? A favorite word? “Finden”, he replied. “It’s German, to think or find.” I liked it well enough, & now our African bird has a German name. I call him Finns for a nickname. My husband still doesn’t love the bird, but he tolerates him politely enough. 😉

15. rebecca says:

Doc H — Dog names count and that’s a good one! (just got through reading Lewis & Clark)

I think you’ll find a resounding vote for the Grey in this room…

My Britannys are named Booth and Tempe after a certain television show. Booth was my foster dog. T is AKC and her papered name is “Tempest in a Teapot”. Never a more appropriate name — 20 pounds of barely contained rabble-rousing.

Lauren — My 6 year intermewed peregrine is Anakin because I figured if I was going from being a dirt hawker to the dark side of longwinging I should go with a young good-looking go-getter. Like your Elaine…oddly fitting. He had a temper and willfulness his first year that were awe-inspiring. Now he’s truly a master. The new hybrid— I have no idea why she’s named Sister. My mom caught me calling her that and announced her named. I guess I’ll find out what her name means as time goes by….

Patty — Pattertwig is a very fitting bird name indeed!

Elizabeth — Finden is a rare and thoughtful name. A rather appropriate one for a thinking grey…

16. Holly says:

This is about one of my Irish setters, Mookie, and his various names, and I’m afraid that it’s quite long. His call name is Mookie, and his registered name is Beckery Stealing Home. He got the name “Mookie” within minutes of being born/whelped in August 1998. The litter was to have a baseball theme (I decreed :-): all of the dogs’ registered names would have something to do with baseball, because I’m something of a fan, especially of the Red Sox. Thus, the pick bitch, and the only puppy I intended to keep, was the one I named “Fenway.” Her registered name is Beckery Fenway Park. Other registered names in the litter included Beckery Field of Dreams, Beckery Triple Play, Beckery Camden Yards, Beckery Grand Slam, Beckery Boys of Summer, and Beckery Most Valuable Player. While I, as litter breeder, set the parameters on the registered names, people could use whatever call names they wanted. Only three puppies ended up with baseball call names: Mookie, Fenway, and Camden, who went to a home in the Baltimore area.

Mookie was the first puppy of 11 to be whelped, and he was a bona fide runt. He was half the size of any of the puppies that followed. He wouldn’t nurse right away, and when I tried to bottle-feed him, he turned away in disgust. After that, he decided to nurse, and I noticed that he was successfully shoving his larger sisters and brothers out of the way to do it. He had so much personality from the start that I knew I had to call him something. The name “Mookie” immediately came to mind, because of Mookie Wilson, who played for the NY Mets in the 1980s and into the 1990s. It was a cute name – and despite looking like a red, runty mole newborn Mookie was damn cute – and Mookie Wilson was such a scrappy (and cute) player. It only occurred to me later that Mookie Wilson had been the player to hit the ball through then-Red Sox Bill Buckner’s legs in the 1986 World Series, which contributed to the Red Sox’s loss of the series. I never blamed Mookie Wilson though: it was Buckner’s fault, and let’s face it, he was really a Cub.

I assumed that the name “Mookie” was not going to be permanent, because of all the puppies in the litter, there was one who early on displayed a disqualifying fault for the conformation ring, and that was Mookie. He had a seriously overshot bite. Although conformation showing isn’t the be-all and end-all for me – I’ve titled dogs in agility and obedience too and in fact enjoy those more, and competed in hunt tests, and mostly, I just love my dogs as my best buddies, my pack mates, my dearest friends – the one puppy I was going to keep would definitely be one that could be shown. Mookie had a fabulous home lined up in central New Jersey horse country.

However, besides having an overshot bite, a tail that broke in utero and healed in the womb at a 90-degree angle, a dewclaw that was removed and grew back, at eight weeks Mookie was found to have a very loud heart murmur. Testing couldn’t give a definitive diagnosis until he was 6 months old, and it was possible that he had a condition, sub-aortic stenosis, for which the prognosis in severe cases is sudden death by age two. So of course I kept Mookie, who was otherwise quite healthy, until he could be tested again. Two days before he was scheduled to have his definitive EKG and echocardiogram at the University of Pennsylvania veternary hospital, he fell down a steep painted staircase in our house and broke his hip. I had to defer his heart tests until his hip was healed. He didn’t get back to Penn for testing until he was 10 months old, at which time the head cardiologist at the vet school diagnosed Mookie with the loudest completely benign heart murmur that he had ever heard.

At that point it was clear that Mookie wasn’t going anywhere. He was like the house guest on a sitcom who breaks his leg and never leaves. Mookie truly stole my heart and my home, hence his registered name, “Beckery Stealing Home.” And Mookie really is a Mookie through and through. He is THE Mookie in Irish Setterdom. He has earned a traditional obedience title and three rally obedience titles and passed the Canine Good Citizen test, and so he is officially Beckery Stealing Home CD, RE, CGC. He has been a pet therapy dog extraordinnaire, visiting nursing home patients as part of the Tulsa SPCA’s pet therapy program, although he is now retired from that. Mookie is an awesome, awesome guy. BTW, Fenway earned nine championship points but never finished her championship, and she’s been competing in rally and is Beckery Fenway Park RA, CGC. Two of their siblings earned championships (one of the mother of my third current Irish, Glory), Camden has multiple agility titles, and all went to wonderful, wonderful homes.

There is a bit of a story behind the other part of Mookie’s registered name, my kennel name, Beckery. I got my first Irish setter who became a champion when I was in high school, and I named him “Tristan” – a kind of Arthurian airy-fairy high school AP English girl kind of a name (he was also know as Ch. Rendition Wind Voyager, CGC). When he was 12 I got his grand-niece, Brigid (named after the Irish pagan goddess and patronness saint, and Brigid was sweet, silly, smart, and kind of both a goddess and a saint). While looking for a kennel name, I found myself reading the historically-flawed but quaint old book _The Story of the Irish Race_. I was reading about Saint Brigid, and that when she traveled from Ireland to the Abbey at Glastonbury (supposed resting place of King Arthur), she stopped on the island of Beckery. On first reading, I swear that the book said that the island was populated by “Irish setters.” It was only on second reading that I saw that it in fact said “Irish settLers.” Still, how perfect was that, with Brigid and Arthurian Tristan and all? Brigid (aka Ch. Rendition Beckery Brigid, CD, OA, NAP, AXJ, NJP, AE, NAC, NAJ, NAG, CGC) was Mookie’s mother.

17. Rosebay says:

You inspired me so I wrote about my dog’s name (and also my name of Rosebay) http://rosebayfl.spaces.live.com/

18. CaryRN says:

I have three African Greys, two Timnehs and a Congo. They are all ‘rescues’ so they came with their names: Nikky, JoJo and Cupcake. We had Cupcake DNA tested for sex and found out he was a boy. A boy named Cupcake. How embarrassing! So we started calling him Cuppy which we thought sounded a little more masculine, even a touch sailorish. He likes it, and often yells in a very high lady voice “Cup-Cup-Cuppeeeeeeeee!” when he is happy. Nikky is just Nik, and JoJo loves to make this strange noise which has resulted in the nickname Joey Jiggaboom.

We also have two Border Collies. The older guy is name Duffy, because we thought it sounded a little Scottish. The pup is also a male, named Chuckles MacGee. We call him Chuckie. He is a goof, smiles all the time, and when we were driving him home from the breeder, he kept making this noise that sounded like a cross between a chimpanzee and laughing. Thus, Chuckles. MacGee, well again, a shout out for Scot heritage.

19. Steve Hart says:

I have a florida soft shell turtle who was donated to me because he grew too big for his aquarium. The lady who owned him called him ” Willy” because when he stretched his neck out of his shell she was reminded of her husband.

20. Barbara Phillips says:

I’ll keep it short, My two rescue McCaws original name were Bevis and ButtHead, for obivious reasons we had to come up with new names,,,, These two are inseperate, They need to be together all the time… They love Macaronni and Cheese, you should see them beg when the kids are eating it, so of course with enough begging, I give in and give them some with goodies in it…. Any way the kids said they should be called Mac and Cheese. So I let the kids have their way… And the names are much more wholesome Than their previous names.

21. dr.hypercube says:

@19 Steve – I think you need a redbelly turtle. You could name her Cooter!

22. Chloe says:

I’ve always wanted to own a raven or crow, but unless you’re an animal rehabber – it’s not legal to in my country.

Parrots however are legal!

I’ve always loved EA Poe’s iconic line from “The Raven” – Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.’

I decided when I first met my Quaker parrot, when she was only three weeks old, that “Quoth The Parrot” would be a good name. After all, Quakers are notoriously noisy, talky birds.

After almost ten years together, Quoth still lives up to her name, and I’m content with a parrot rather than a crow 🙂

23. _lisas says:

My first parrot was a little linnie parakeet, you can even see her picture under “barred parakeet” on Wikipedia.

I got her in late 2005, when a komodo dragon at the London zoo made headlines when she underwent parthenogenesis. Since I’m female, and my cat’s female, and the new birdie was female, I named her Komodo.

A day or two later I brought Komodo’s niece home, too, and called her Mikado. No cool story, it just sounded good with Komodo.

24. Mary says:

We tend to favor human names for our parrots (Max, Daphne, Stella), although we usually keep the names of our rescues (Rocky, Calypso) unless they’re offensive (Stella’s original name) or unnamed (poor Daphne).

Our other caique’s first name was “Baby” and his second home changed it to “Tuffy” because he was so aggressive and tough. We wanted a more pleasant name and made up a list of male and female names from which to choose as we awaited the DNA results. In the meantime, we started calling him “Beeps” because he beeps constantly, and the name stuck. He also answers to Babycake, and that’s what he calls himself (previous owners though “caique” pronounced “cake”). Outside of his hearing, we have been known to refer to him as Devilcake.

25. My “parrot” is actually a chicken. He came to me as an orphan, just a couple days old. Of course, at the time, I had no idea if I was dealing with a he or a she, but thinking positive, I decided to assume it was she; plus, I very superstitiously figured it would help encourage development in that direction. Or at least wouldn’t hurt.

So this little cheeper looked like a penguin–black with white “diaper”–and I like Spanish, so I thought maybe Pingüino. Well, that’s as hard and awkward to say as it looks, so I needed something else. I looked up “tuxedo” in my Spanish dictionary: esmoquin. Hmmmmm, maybe Esme? Like the JD Salinger story? (Only now it would be with love and squawking?)

Names are important, though, so I had to be sure: I checked the dictionary again. Esmerarse: to take care; to do well.

And thus Esme became my first (but not my last) inappropriately named rooster. He’s a sweetheart who will ring his bell to get my attention, loves to play fetch, and follows me everywhere. Sometimes he’s just “Es” for short, but I can’t imagine him having any other name.

26. Kerri says:

I have a Maxi Pionus called Mocksie after a character on ‘aufwiedersein, pet’ and a BH caique called mr kipling (amongst other names *ahem*) 3 cats marley after ghost of jacob marley (she’s white) caboodle (kitten caboodle? Sorry..) and ziggy (david bowie) it’s embarrassing calling out ziggy marley every night! And finally our patterdale terrier is sooky, as in ‘santa’s sooky sack’ cos my little boy couldn’t say sooty.. Phew!

27. Beverly Slack says:

When I first brought home my African Grey, I thought she was a he and named her “Isaiah”. It didn’t take. After her dna gender test, “Isaiah” became “Isabelle” which still wasn’t right, but I did like the “belle” part because she is so beautiful; she is also a clown. My favorite clown, and one of my earliest memories, was a character on the Howdie Doodie Show (from the early 1950s): Clarabelle! Clear as a bell, I knew it was her name, and she took to it right away. She loves, too, taking creative license with variations on a theme, her favorite being “Clara-noodle”.

Also, I’ve a Red-Lored Amazon. In ancient, pre-dynastic Egyptian mythology, the eagle and parrot both signify the fully realized and eternal being, the name for which is “sahu”. Given that I’m originally from Louisiana, this grand guy’s full name is “Bayou Sahu”; he goes by “Sahu”.

28. JOJO says:

Naming animals is serious business here. 🙂 Might have an animal here months before the name comes to me.

Hemingway my macaw was named by the old owners. He is NOT a brainiac. Though, he’s a bachelor. and he’s alot of fun. But, won’t talk a word. I guess i should give him some pen and paper and see what he has to say that way. haha.

i have kids due soon, and i’m trying not to think about names yet, but will have to. The stress is huge. When i named my buck, I wanted a strong and viral, proudful name. So he’d produce strong and proud babies. His name is Noble Justice. I hope it works.

29. All our four birds are rescued, so Gus (Greenwing macaw)and Lucy (Cockatoo) came with their names. The two Nanday Conjures had been kept in a wall aviary all their lives and had not interacted much with humans. Puff got her name because she fluffs her feathers by default and Brat got his because thats how he acts. Continually trying to challenge us for authority and once he went after the macaw to get the higher perch…

30. Cyndi says:

I have to get in on this! I hope FISH count!

We had an algae eater(how DO you spell their real name? pleco-something?) years ago. We got him at the local WalMart. As we walked out to the parking lot with the fish in his little plastic bag, I dropped it-SPLAT- onto the asphalt. The bag split, water went everywhere, and he was flopping all over the hot pavement! The only thing I could think to do is pick him up in my bare hands and run him back into the store where they quickly put him into another little clear baggie full of water. He lived, and bore the name “SPLAT!” until he got too big for our tank and we had to give him to a friend with a bigger tank.

31. Victoria Cabrera says:

I thought about thier names for awhile, I looked up animal names, and mytiical names of Greek or Roman Gods or Goddess and also Norse Gods, then picked a few names I thought might work and after having the bird a few weeks I choose a name that I felt fit the bird. Hence Xena I named about 6yrs ago, Xena the Warrior Princess you may remember was a TV show, but Xena is also a mythical Greek Goddess, Merlin a Wizard from Nights of the round table. Jett the name of my Hybrid Macaw the choices for him were Picasso becasue he is so colorful,and Jett because he loved to fly.. Jett fits him and I think there is a mythical Norse God named Jett. My adopted birds I did not change thier names Buddy was already 17yrs old, and Cassiopeia 10yrs old, however her name fits right in. I felt she was meant to be I was looking for a mature Military Macaw to add to our flock and when I finally found Cassiopeia, I knew she was the one.. in mythology Cassiopeia is known as the vain queen, it’s also a Constellation in our solar system.. after all thier beauty is god like.

32. rebecca says:

Fish count and that’s pretty darn funny. *grin* So far, it’s the grey parrot who insists her name is Bill…but there will be several runners up who will receive a copy of “Finches”. Keep em comin!

33. Tress says:

I’ve had my Orange-winged Amazon, Fiona, for nine years now. She’s about 30 years old and was my rescue baby, so I didn’t have the opportunity to name her. She is very unlike most Amazons – quiet, reserved and doesn’t speak, although she squawks and sings some now.

I’ve thought about what I would have named her if I had the chance, and although I still come up blank on that, I have given her a “video game name.”

While revisiting my old Nintendo game system, I was playing Mario Bros. 2. The princess in this game is named Princess Toadstool. I thought that was a horrible name, but yet with the release of “Shrek” and Princess Fiona, this gave me my inspiration.

Nine times out of 10 when I ask Fiona to step up, she always grumbles – even when she wants to come out (which is always). I ask her to come off my shoulder for a potty break – grumble. I move my hand in a way she determines is threatening – grumble. After nine years, I would have thought this would stop or subside, but no. It’s just who she is.

Princess Grumble didn’t seem quite right because there is a humorous side to her. She does laugh (mainly with a group of people), and has the best comedic timing. So I wanted to incorporate this, too. I once called her muffin head because she was so enthusiastic in eating a muffin that she had it all over her head feathers.

And so was born Princess Grumble Muffin! Not a formal name by any means – this is definitely her video game name, but she lives up to this nickname perfectly and I wouldn’t change her for the world.

34. slignot says:

Our four year old Nanday conure (Beaky) needed a geeky name, but alas, we had a terrible time coming up with a name for a bird from our favorite games, movies or books, particularly for a bird that is almost neon in color. My husband leaned toward Archimedes, but it just didn’t seem right with his personality and coloration.

Oddly, the geeky name we settled on came from Harry Potter, which was unexpected as neither of us were large fans. However, “Buckbeak” with “Beaky” for most of the time, seemed to fit perfectly. It also left open possiblities for variations, although the most relevant nickname is always “Trouble.”

35. […] If you missed all the great stories check this post. […]

36. Tabatha says:

So…perhaps I’m breaking the rules a little…but I used to have birds..and miss them dearly..And I think my little Maltese really broke the mold when it came to living up to his name….

I already had a female Maltese who my husband named Dixie because she reminded him of the “southern belle” type…
    So..when I decided to adopt a male Malt puppy, I knew before meeting him I was going to name him Rebel.

Well…he turned out to be the ULTIMATE Rebel!!! He’s stone DEAF! Can’t hear a single thing! (Thus seeming to be a COMPLETE Rebel since there was NO getting him to pay attention during Training!)

Now that he’s older, he knows sign language QUITE well….but if you ask him to execute a command and he does it…and you DONT have a treat…for the rest of the day, he…well….REBELS! You ask him to sit, he BARKS….you tell him to watch you….HE SPINS! You say down(he does it to tease you) then as SOON as you give the stay signal….He turns his little 3 Lbs of fluff around and runs as fast as he can away from you!

He’s SUCH a little stinnnnnnnker but we love him just the same….though I kick myself DAILY for not naming him “Mr. Perfect”!

37. when i hear about David Bowie, it reminds me of Vanilla Ice. ‘:-

38. aside from being a great singer David Bowie is also a good actor playing the role of Tesla in the movie The Prestige`~;